Elmwood Park Chamber of Commerce 3rd Annual 5k and Kids Fun Run
If you've ever had the opportunity to run a race...whether it be the 50 yard dash or a marathon, you know that even the smallest amount of cheering from spectators goes a long way to motivate you to the finish. This is why this year, we will be cheering on the runners of this 5k race meant to benefit some very worthy causes. Our team will perform right on the race course in order to keep the runner's spirits up.
For more information, or if family or friends want to sign up for the run, go to the official website.
Sunday, September 21, 2014
8:00 am to 11:00 am (will very likely be finished before then)
Elmwood Park Memorial High School
500 River Road, Elmwood Park
FREE for dancers and spectators
Attend your regularly scheduled Performance Team classes Thursday's in September.
- Calling All the Monsters
- Goody, Goody
- National Dance Day Routines ("Too Cool to Dance" & "Get My Name")
WHAT TO WEAR
- Team leotard & shorts (purchase from Gotta Dance). (if you do not yet have your team leotard and shorts, wear a plain black leotard and plain black shorts...if it says "Gotta Dance" on it, it is fine)
- Tan dance tights
- Sneakers that have a tie or velcro closure (no slip-ons, sandals or flip flops).
- Hair back in a high ponytail.
- Light make-up (not as bright as stage make-up), RED lipstick
IF IT IS COLD:
- Plain black dance pants over your leotard and shorts
- Gotta Dance Black Rhinestone Jacket (if you ordered one from us last year or the year before)
-OR (if you do not have that jacket)-
- a plain (nothing printed on it) black sweatshirt/zip-down jacket/fleece over your leotard.
IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER
The 5k is a rain-or-shine event, but if the weather creates an unsafe condition for our dancers, we are going to cancel the Team's performance for that morning. Please check the team contact page to make sure your cell phone number is up-to-date.
If we need to cancel due to bad weather, you will receive a call or text message at 7:00 am on the morning of the race.
We need confirmation that you will be performing at this event no later than Wednesday, September 17th. Please be sure to fill out our questionnaire.
Gotta Dance has a minimum participant requirement. We reserve the right to cancel the event if we do not meet the required number of participants. Each dancer must be accompanied by an adult chaperone that day throughout the performance.