Hair for Stage
Dance can be a very involved hobby. Not only are there multiple lessons involved, but there is the performance aspect as well that involves elaborate costumes, specialized hair, and stage makeup. A lot of time and energy is spent making sure our dancers look beautiful and professional on stage, and that is why we require that everyone's hair is the same. Our hair completes the look of the costume. If it is not uniform, it can be very distracting for both the audience and for your child.
How to wear your bun for stage
- The bun needs to be as low as possible. If it is too high, it may interfere with headpiece you are wearing.
- No bangs or parts. We want to make sure that everyone looks the same so we ask that you slick your hair back with no bangs and no part.
- If your hair is thick, you might want to style your hair when it is wet. This will allow your bun to get as small as possible.
- Before it dries, put your gel and/or mousse in your hair
- Put your hair in a very low ponytail
- create your bun by twisting the ponytail, forming a circle around the hair elastic.
- Put your bun in a hairnet that matches your hair color. You do not need to purchase hairnets but we strongly suggest it.
- Secure bun with a LOT of bobby pins. There are many types of bobby pins you can use.
Here is a great video explaining 3 different ways to do a bun for dance. Try experimenting ahead of time to see which way works best for you. Once you master the skill, it only takes a few minutes to get it right. Good luck!
Directions Using the Frame for the Whirl-A-Style Perfect Bun
Step 1: Pull hair into ponytail
Step 2: Pull ponytail through the slit of the perfect bun frame, leaving the ends of the ponytail out.
Step 3: Roll the perfect bun up toward the base of your ponytail.
Step 4: Twist ends of the perfect bun around your ponytail elastic.
Step 5: Spread hair out to create the perfect bun.
Step 6: Put your bun in a hairnet that matches your hair color.
Step 7: Secure bun with lots of bobby pins and complete with hair spray and/or hair gel.